3.07.2017

I'm Back, I'm Back!

I'm absolutely terrible at updating this. Wow.

If you follow me online, whether it be through Twitter or on my Facebook page, you'll know I've finally gotten back into the swing of things. I had a lot of personal stuff I had to deal with - from health issues, to mental issues, to a sprained knee & sprained fingers (shown below) - but I'm back, and man, it feels good.



So before I get into updates, let's quickly go over WHY I disappeared for so long.

There are things I've willingly shared with you guys, and there are things that I haven't shared with you guys. One of the things I haven't been open about is my struggle with ovarian cysts. Yes, we're going there. For years, I've had to deal with tons of pain due to these little beasts. In fact, they were so common, that I often found myself passing out from the pain. This went on for years. I was even hospitalized after one ruptured and seeped into my bloodstream when I was younger, so yeah, these has been a common issue for me, and they've only gotten worse over the years. Thankfully, it appears that, following a few different prescriptions, I'm okay - for now.

Of course, that's only one issue. Now, I'm dealing with issues concerning my liver and my chest. While I was diagnosed with a leaky heart valve last year, they're not sure that's the current issue, so it's back to tests.

Why am I telling you guys all of this? Because this is why you haven't seen any books from me. The idea of writing when all I wanted to do was curl up in a dark room and sleep just wasn't plausible. Heck, it got so bad that I even disappeared in real life. So yeah, needless to say, the past two years haven't been great. 

I owe you all so much for sticking by me. (Seriously!) I know it's a pain in the butt to have such a LONG wait between books, and I tried like heck to avoid these gaps, but when it came down to it I just didn't have a choice.

On the plus side, there have been some GOOD things to happen. I'm currently writing at Comic Book Resources, so if you're into geeky stuff, you can check out some of my ramblings over there.

There's also the news that SURVIVAL INSTINCT is coming on May 16th.

I know I've said this before, but this book is so important to me, guys. It's a standalone novel that, while about zombies, is also about so much more. (Think of it as a combination of the Emile Reed series and the Outbreak duology.) 

I will return to writing reviews soon. In fact, I finally opened my NetGalley account again, and I'm actually making my way through my massive to-read piles, so there's plenty of content coming your way!

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment