3.14.2017

Book Review: A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1)A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Paperback, 247 pages
Published: May 2007 by Square Fish
Review Copy: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon

Description From Goodreads:
Meg Murry and her friends become involved with unearthly strangers and a search for Meg's father, who has disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government.

My Review:

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I somehow missed out on reading this book when I was a child. Not sure how that happened, but I'm beyond glad I finally decided to give this a read. (Even more, I'm thrilled I found this at the library book sale, as I doubt I would have ever read it otherwise.) A short read full of intriguing characters, "A Wrinkle in Time" is definitely a classic.

I think that if I'd actually read this when I was younger? I would have loved it more, however, I still enjoyed the heck out of it. L'Engle has a way of crafting an entirely new world full of fascination and horrors with such ease. What she manages to accomplish in such little words is beyond impressive.

My only problems with this book had to be the pacing -- too fast in the bigger moments! -- and the ending. I wish it'd had more of a complete ending as I don't intend on reading the rest of the quintet just yet.

To sum it up? Although I didn't love it, I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I can't wait to see the upcoming film adaption.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment