9.16.2016

Book Review: "Kiss Cam" by Kiara London

Kiss CamKiss Cam by Kiara London
ebook, 272 pages
Expected Publication: October 18th 2016 by Swoon Reads
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Pre-Order: Amazon

Description From Goodreads:
In Kiss Cam, teen author Kiara London asks, what's a little harmless kissing between friends?

Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel called WereVloggingHere. Their fans are huge "shippers" who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect for each other, and, despite warnings from friends and family, a simple Truth-or-Dare inspired kiss soon spirals out of control into a whole new world of making out and surprise kisses.

Juniper and Jasper's relationship begins to shift. But as fan requests for different "Kiss Cam" segments keep pouring in, Juniper puts her worries aside and convinces herself that it doesn't mean anything. After all, it's just kissing… right?

My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To put it simply? This book is so, so cute - predictable, yes, but cute.

Here's the thing, I was initially put off by this book due to the cover. (Yeah, I know.) And the description didn't exactly sell me on the story either. But then I started reading reviews and decided to give it a go and I'm so glad that I did. KISS CAM reminds me of my high school years, perhaps a bit too much. The story itself focuses on Jasper and June, two best friends that decide to launch a new segment on their Vlog channel for their "shippers", leading into a rather dangerous territory. After all, by continuing to push things further, feelings are bound to surface.

If that sounds predictable, that's because the plot is a pretty simple one you've probably heard in some form or another over the years. Yet London does a great job of really making this feel like a new story. It's so easy to care for these characters because of how well London develops them over the course of the novel. You believe their friendship, and you can sense what the characters are feeling as you read on. Which, of course, leads to a few frustrating bits near the end of the book, but thankfully, the story wraps up rather nicely. Is it perfect? No. But it's the perfect ending for these characters.

Like I said, this reminds me of my high school days. It's a purely fun read with a cute romance at the center of it. If you haven't already, I'd suggest adding this one to your "to-read" list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment