8.22.2016

Book Review: The CEO Daddy Next Door by Karen Booth

The CEO Daddy Next DoorThe CEO Daddy Next Door by Karen Booth
Paperback, 224 pages
Published: August 9th 2016 by Harlequin
Review Copy: Provided via NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon 

Description From Goodreads:
He wants a mother for his child. She won't settle down. And now they're living together… 

After one disastrous date, reality TV personality Ashley George and devastatingly handsome British billionaire Marcus Chambers are roommates! When a fire destroys her apartment, Ashley leans on her Manhattan neighbor for help—and soon finds herself falling for the father and his baby. But despite their off-the-charts attraction, Marcus only dates women who would be suitable mothers for his daughter. His free-spirited neighbor is completely unsuitable. So why can't he seem to keep her out of his bed…and out of his heart?

My Review:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first started The CEO Daddy Next Door, I wasn't sure that I'd enjoy it. It took me a decent amount of time to get through the beginning of the story, as I found myself growing annoyed with both characters early on. Yet, as the story moved along? I couldn't stop reading. It's a wonderful romance story.

This isn't the type of book I'd usually go far. In fact, prior to seeing it on NetGalley, I don't believe I'd ever had taken the time to read this. But I'm so glad that I did. It was exactly the light, enjoyable story I'd been hoping for. The story itself centers on a matchmaker with her own reality television series and a British billionaire taking on the family business. Both characters are extremely flawed and stubborn as all hell when we're first introduced to them, but as their stories are revealed and we see the reasoning behind their actions, it becomes hard not to care about these characters.

Even more impressive is that Booth manages to craft a complete story with a true beginning, middle, and end all while truly fleshing out her two main leads. Not to mention the secondary characters that, although barely shown or spoken about, seem to have fleshed out story arcs.

Although I had my issues with the book at the beginning, I found myself loving this story in the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment